Peter Pan

I dreamed about Peter Pan last night
it was wonderful for a while
I was flying
enjoying the liberty
the air
the view
so much freedom
until I came upon a precipice
it was an amazing sight


I was about to cross it
until a thought enter my mind
what if I fall?
doubt started crawling under my skin
what if I can't fly anymore and fall?
then I thought
one only needs to think happy thoughts, right?
that's what I'll have to do
think of something happy and I'll fly
then another yet more frightening thought came
what am I going to think about?
I tried to remember happiness
but couldn't
and every time a remote smile wanted to appear
it was clouded by thundering nightmares
I couldn't.
I couldn't think of happiness.
I had none to think about
It was so depressing
so very frightening
and I was stuck at the top of an abyss
night began to crawl and I was frozen in place
for fear of falling
for fear of flying
for fear of failing
for lack of happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment