Introverts manual: the curse of acute empathy

What can I tell you?
That I cry because I read a book?
That I’m depressed because of an image? 
That I saw something and it made me angry?
I could
But
What would you say?
"don't"
you'll say "don't" 
I can’t help but feel it
Feel all
The news traumatize me
I cannot handle feeling that
I hear it and see it
Maybe that’s all you do
But I also feel it
I rather watch something fictitious 
I still feel
But somewhere 
In the back of my mind 
I know
Logically 
That it’s not real 
And I try to get over it 
Sometimes it has its pros
Most times
Well 
Most times I just feel it all
And I can’t stop
My mood swings 
My tears
My anger
That's why I need space 
To center myself
To know what I feel from myself
And what is from others
Sometimes 
I just need a quiet 
Little
Corner
To cry out the emotions 
Which are not mine 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment